Apart from the many questions brides have, to carry or not to carry a purse seems to be taking an important turn. Some would downright ignore it and focus only on the wedding dress and shoes, but some wedding planners and designers actually recommend a bride carrying one. It seems to be an important question brides are thinking about these days as it has become a popular question on bridal forums of late. So why would anyone need wedding clutch bags? Some say that it is strictly for the bride’s mother or may be even for the guests, but experts suggest that it is not a bad idea for the bride to have one of her own as well. There will be few things that a bride would need to have a round in an emergency or just to feel fresh, as this is going to be a long day. So having a small carryon to include some of the essentials would not go a waste. So a purse with the following or at least of few of them would be a great for a bride.
- Your cell phone- no matter how well planned, there are some things the bride will have to handle herself on her big day
- Tissue paper or blotting paper- these are essential for balmy and hot days to blot out sweat or makeup smears.
- Lipstick or lip balm – having to keep smiling all day can sometimes hurt and this can remove your lipstick and create dry lips too so carry that lip balm around.
- Safety pins – these are lifesavers if some accident happens to the dress or even the shoes. It would also be worthwhile to carry some matching thread and needle as well.
- Flip-flops – now usual flip flops will not fit in reliable clutches, but there are modern foldable or flexible flip flops that easily fit in a purse, so packing a pair would greatly aid your feet.
- Aspirin: there is no prediction that your day will go without a headache. Stress and even plain excitement can cause a mild headache so best to carry a few aspirins around as you do not want be sickly on your big day.
- Stain removers – nowadays there are handy pen sized removers that can be used to erase wine stains and makeup smudges.
There are many types of small purses to choose from, and if you do decide to carry one, why not select one that is a bit different to your bridal dress colour, after all it should not only be fit for a one off event. A silvery metallic colour or a feathery pouch would be perfect, or think of something bold with accents that can make a statement even after the wedding.